Chairs and Spares is a registered charity bringing together representatives of a number of organisations to:
- Make available through reuse/recycling household items that will be of benefit to people on low income.
- Create opportunities for training and enterprise.
- Enhance people’s quality of life, self worth and employability.
We operate in Telford and Wrekin and the surrounding areas, accepting household furniture and electrical goods that are donated by the general public, hotels, care homes and retail outlets; we will collect free of charge.
All items donated have to meet Trading Standards requirements, as fit for use. Fabric items must have a fire label attached and be in reasonable condition. All items are vacuumed and steam cleaned, repaired as required and put on display in our warehouse.
Chairs and Spares are helping to reducing the amount of goods sent to landfill; last year through reuse and recycling we diverted over 120 tonnes of household furniture, electrical goods and paint from being dumped in landfill.
We are supported by:
- Perhaps reaping the benefits already of the new Southwater Square development, Chairs & Spares have...
- We are pleased to announce that from Friday 5th September 2014 our shop at Meeting Point...